Employment Network Canada Inc. respects and places top priority on protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our applicants, clients, employees and third parties involved in our recruiting process.
At Employment Network we strive to fill our clients’ recruitment needs with qualified candidates and to provide our applicants with rewarding employment. In order to do this, Employment Network must collect, store, and use personal information through avenues such as Internet, email, fax, and telephone. We only collect information that is necessary in assisting with the recruiting process and to verify recruitment and job placement is successful and maintained for a period of time after the hiring occurs.
Personal Information is not used or disclosed for any purpose other than the purposes for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
Further information or requests can be directed to Employment Network’s Privacy Officer, Kristen Eisenzimmer, at (306) 585-7244 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why does Employment Network gather personal information?
We use your information to:
- Understand your qualifications, needs and preferences;
- Find the best job opportunities for you that will give you the job satisfaction you are looking for;
- Verify your hiring by a prospective employer (our client), where recruitment and job placement have successfully been achieved;
- Confirm (over a period of not greater than 12 months following your hiring) your satisfactory performance and continued employment with our client;
- Fulfill our clients’ requests for information about job candidates;
- Provide you with appropriate training or career transition services;
- Assess and develop our business and operations to better service job seekers and our clients;
Employment Network never collects more personal information than is needed to fulfill these purposes, unless requested by the client and consented to by the job seeker.
If an applicant becomes an employee of Employment Network (full-time or temporary), then we also collect personal information necessary to properly administer payroll and benefits.
What personal information is collected by Employment Network?
The information Employment Network collects is based on the stage of recruitment the applicant is in. To avoid collecting unnecessary information we only collect data/information on a need to know basis for employment/recruitment purposes.
1st Stage – Application and pre-screen
- Complete and current resume
- General applicant Information – Information to assist with pre-screening and matching your qualifications to employment opportunities (i.e. your work availability, home address, telephone #, career goals, industry preference, salary range expectations etc.)
2nd Stage – Interview and Assessment
- Interview questions, notes and assessments;
- Skill Testing results. Test results are immediately available for viewing by the applicant and are added to the applicant’s file.
3rd Stage – Shortlist and Recommend
- Input from references
- On occasion, an investigation into an applicant’s credit history may be requested — this is never undertaken without the expressed written consent of the applicant.
- Educational records/transcripts, proof of professional status and/or designation;
- Record of communication with the applicant or client firms, if related to the applicant’s employment search;
– – – If you are hired as an Employee (full-time or temporary), you will continue to Stage 4, as follows – – –
4th Stage – Employee
- Information required to provide payroll services, including income tax deductions, social Insurance Number, date of birth, emergency contact information.
- Additions to our file may include your: payroll records, attendance and punctuality records, employment reviews, official correspondence.
- Information will be requested from our client (your employer) periodically over the first 12 months of your employment to verify the terms of your employment, your satisfactory performance and continued employment.
When does Employment Network disclose personal information?
Your personal information is never traded, sold or leased by use to any external companies. Your information is only disclosed for Employment Network’s legitimate business purposes or as required to meet legal and regulatory requirements, for example to comply with a court order.
In the normal course of business, we disclose your personal information to our clients when we feel there is a potential for a job placement. As a job seeker, you are relying on us to share such information. We will ask for your consent prior to releasing your personal information to a prospective employer. We only provide your information to employers if there is a job opening that is well-suited for you, and we only provide information required and requested to make an informed decision regarding a job candidate.
In certain instances, Employment Network may also share your personal information with third party service providers that assist us in providing services to you, including service providers located in the United States. Employment Network has agreements in place with third party service providers which require such service providers to keep your information confidential and secure and which ensure that our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf.
Please note that in the event that a service provider is located in the United States, your personal information may be processed and stored in the United States and may be accessible to the United States government, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies pursuant to applicable United States privacy and lawful access laws.
Have you consented?
Having read this policy and by using our services and providing us with your personal information, your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as specified herein is implied.
Wherever possible and when necessary, we obtain your express consent for particular uses and disclosures. For example, we obtain your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as specified herein.
Wherever possible and when necessary, we obtain your express consent for particular uses and disclosures. For example, we obtain your express, written consent before releasing your information to a third party who provides background checks on potential employees.
We imply your consent if we feel we are using your personal information for purposes that are obvious to you. For example, if you list the names and phone numbers of your previous employers on your resume for reference checking purposes, we will not seek your express consent before checking these references.
How does Employment Network store personal information?
We have staff procedures and policies in place to ensure that your personal information in both paper and electronic format are secure.
All applicant personal information is stored on Employment Network’s computerized database, computerized accounting system and applicant’s personal file.
Access to the computerized database files is only accessible by the Human Resources/Recruitment employees of Employment Network.
The computerized accounting system is only accessible to the Owner and designated Accounting professionals of Employment Network.
Applicant paper files are stored in locked filing cabinets only accessible by full time Human Resources/Recruitment employees only.
Employment Network’s electronic systems are password-protected and accessed by designated Human Resource professionals of Employment Network. Our information systems are protected from outside intrusion by a firewall, encryption and other industry standard security measures.
How Long is your Information retained?
We retain your information as long as you are using our placement services or we anticipate finding suitable employment for you. For employees (temporary or full-time) that means we retain all of your information as long as you remain on our payroll, and for seven years thereafter.
An applicant can ask to be removed from Employment Network’s database or files at anytime.
Most frequently, successful placement of applicants does not terminate our relationship with them. Due to a variety of situations such as company re-structuring, etc., applicants may return to Employment Network in search of new positions.
How can I access, update or delete my information?
Employment Network relies on the information provided by you, as well as third parties such as those providing references, educational institutions or those conducting background checks. You may at any time make a written request for access to your personal information. Upon payment of a small administrative fee, we will provide you with viewing access of the personal information we have on file. Employment Network has up to 30 days to respond to this request.
Employment Network strives to maintain accurate records of your personal information, however, this cannot be achieved without your help. In this ongoing effort, we ask you to provide us with your most up to date information. Write to the address below, and let us know of any personal information you have given us in the past that is incomplete, inaccurate, or no longer relevant. It will be our pleasure to make appropriate modifications.
If you have any questions or comments or if you wish to update or delete your personal information/resume at anytime, please contact our Privacy Officer, Kristen Eisenzimmer, in writing at:
2080 Rae Street, Regina, Saskatchewan S4T 2E5
or email Kristen@employmentnetwork.ca.
Updating of personal information and will be done within one week, and deletion of an applicant file will be completed within one working day.